Technology and Information Services
The Office of Technology and Information Services (OTIS) supports the academic mission of the University and provides a wide range of technical support, equipment and services to UArts’ academic and administrative areas.
OTIS' main areas of support are:
- Support Services: handles the OTIS Help Desk (Ext. 6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org), desktop and application support, training and creative technology, teaching and learning, and classroom and lab needs.
- Information Services: responsible for Ellucian Colleague, information and web integration, myCampus Portal, Web Advisor, Sakai, Digication, the University Wiki, and Entrinsic Informer Reporting tools.
- Print Services: charged with running the University's Terra and Anderson Imaging Labs and providing centralized management of the University's output services, including the printer/copier fleet, as well as Business Services to assist in meeting some of the print needs of administrative and academic offices.
- Infrastructure Services: manages and supports the technology backbone including network architecture, engineering and security, wired and wireless network connectivity, server systems administration, telecommunications, data back-up solutions and University e-mail.
- Media Resources: provides an array of digital equipment for checkout in support of various academic programs - photography, film and animation - as well as equipment made available to the entire campus community. Equipment Rooms are located on Terra 11 and 15.