Administrative Assistant (School of Design)
Position: Administrative Assistant (Academic Calendar Position)
Department: School of Design
Reporting directly to the Director of School of Design, the Administrative Assistant supports the School and/or Program Director of the School of Design in administrative matters relating to the School and at least one Program in the School. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for implementing and communicating policies and procedures primarily within the School. Under the supervision of the School/Program Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Director’s office.
- Provide a liaison between the Director’s office, the Program(s) in the School and the Dean’s office as well as various University divisions and offices relating to administrative, fiscal, operational, academic and personnel procedures
- Support and assist the Director of School and Program Director(s) in the School
- Deal with all forms of correspondence for the Director and the Program(s)
- Schedule and arrange all meetings and trips for the Director
- Act as receptionist for the School and the Director
- Maintain School records and files, including student and faculty files. Handle these in a confidential way when necessary
- Maintain schedules for Full-time faculty in the Program(s). Coordinate advising schedules. Schedule classrooms and conference rooms.
- Prepare purchase orders for office supplies/instructional materials and facilities work orders
- Assist the Director in the preparation of the School Budget and help monitor this budget
- Provide assistance with the School’s special events, trips and meetings
- Interview, select, train and supervise student workers.
- Provide information to students, faculty, staff, other University offices and the public as required
- Assist in the recruitment of full-time faculty through the organizing of Search Committees, etc. Provide new faculty with administrative orientation
- Assist in recruitment of new students and handle administration for transfer students in the Program(s)
- Assist in the preparation of reports or special projects as needed
- Assist in event planning for the school and all it’s programs
- Other tasks as assigned by the School Director
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Substantial academic administrative experience, preferably in a performing arts-related environment; knowledge and experience with College/University organization, policies and operating procedures
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact with a wide range of individuals.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet software packages.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently, to assess needs and to provide creative solutions.
- Ability to foster and enhance the notion of team.
- Attention to detail and timeliness.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, when necessary.
- Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes on a daily basis.
- A positive attitude and people-centric approach to work and a good sense of humor helpful.
- Demonstrated success utilizing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities noted above.
- Interest in and/or commitment to the goals of higher education required.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER