Administrative Assistant/Insurance Coordinator
TITLE: Administrative Assistant / Insurance Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Health Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Health Services
Serves as support staff for comprehensive, urban arts institution with 2,000 students; including Health insurance waiver process, and compliance with health center requirements.
- Performs general organizational and administrative duties, including answering phones, greeting visitors, handling mail and maintaining files and office equipment.
- Manages the University’s health insurance waiver process, updating of information, acts as liaison between students and insurance company.
- Designs and updates documents, handouts, fliers, bulletin boards and web pages for Health Services.
- Assists with special projects, major mailings and event coordination/implementation including the annual Health and Wellness Fair, New Student Orientation and Commencement.
- Performs the data entry in Health Services.
- Assist with student health form and health office compliance.
- Attend orientations, graduations and move-in days.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree; Demonstrated organizational and time management skills; works well in a team office environment; strong computer skills: must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and Internet Explorer; customer service orientation; ability to manage multiple tasks, establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of people; understanding of and willingness to adhere to confidentiality guidelines; previous experience with health insurance process a plus; knowledge of the arts and the educational environments a plus.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer