Associate Director of Student Financial Services
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
FULL TIME CALENDAR YEAR POSITION
JOB TITLE: Associate Director of Student Financial Services
DEPARTMENT: Student Financial Services
Serves as a strategic partner with AVP for Enrollment/Director of Student Financial Services for the administration and coordination of Federal, State, and institutional financial aid programs as well as supervision of daily operations of financial aid office and training of staff members. Counsels graduate students concerning financial aid and student billing or serves as the lead technology super user. Leads the Office of Student Financial Services in the absence of the AVP/Director.
• Supervises daily operation of financial aid office and trains staff members in accordance with established office policies set by the AVP/Director.
• Primary contact for graduate students and departments concerning financial aid and student billing or serves as lead technology super user for the office.,
• Works with the AVP/Director to strategically review University financial aid processes, systems and approaches and makes plans.
• Prepares various reports and reconciliations of funding to agencies.
• Works with the Associate Director/Bursar to distribute funds and credit student accounts
• Oversees named/endowed scholarship program.
• This person will supervise and lead the Office of Student Financial Services in the absence of the AVP/Director and is expected to lead, train and mentor junior staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree from a recognized college, university with at least four years of direct experience in financial aid administration. Must be fully conversant in federal and state regulations related to the eligibility for, awarding of, and delivery of student assistance. Must be familiar with integrated automated record keeping systems, with Ellucian Colleague experience preferred. Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously required. Prior supervisory experience desirable. Must able to multi-task and maintain high degree of accuracy. Data entry skills must be quick and extremely accurate. Must be willing and able to change assigned duties regularly to accommodate the current needs of the office.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Personnel Services Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer