Summer Institute : Music : Tuition + Admissions
|› Application Requirements||› Other Expenses|
|› Music Audition Requirements||› Refund Policy|
|› Tuition + Fees|
- Completed application form
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- One-page typed personal essay expressing why you have chosen to study at the University of the Arts this summer
- Audition: Recording of yourself performing two pieces (no more than 5 minutes each) in one of the following genres: blues, jazz, Latin, pop, R&B or rock. Please include an introduction stating your name and the titles of the pieces you are performing. (See below for specifics)
Visit the Apply Now page for information on how to submit application materials.
*We are happy to advise you about your application materials. If you are concerned that your audition or application materials are not fully developed, please contact our office to discuss with a Pre-College staff member.
Music Audition Requirements
Applicants must submit an audition of the applicant only. All supplemental pieces must be submitted digitally as a URL to a website, email attachment, or on a flashdrive or DVD. The recording must include the following:
- An introduction stating student's name and which pieces follow
- A performance of two pieces in one of the following genres: blues, jazz, latin, pop, R&B or rock
|2014 Tuition + Fees*|
|Music Program – Residential Students|
|Housing + Meals||$810|
|Total Residential Cost||$2,660|
|Music Program – Commuter Students|
|Commuter Lunch-Only Meal Plan (required)||$120|
|Total Commuter Cost||$1,970|
|Additional Fees (if applicable)|
|International Student Fee||$250|
|Late Payment Fee||$60|
|Returned Check Fee||$50|
*Rates above are for the 2014 program. Information for the 2015 program coming soon.
Optional trips to the beach in Wildwood, N.J., Six Flags Great Adventure and NYC are at an additional cost to the student. Sign-up sheets will be distributed once the student has reserved their spot in the program.