Summer Institute : Scholarships
Scholarships for the Summer Institute Program are reserved for students in the highest academic standing, outstanding talent and significant financial need. Funding is limited, therefore awards are competitive. Scholarship funding can be applied towards tuition costs only. Fees, housing and meal costs cannot be funded via scholarship and will be the responsibliity of the student/ family.
Scholarship applications are reviewed by a committee of faculty and Pre-College staff. In considering the applicants, all components of the application are weighted together, with special emphasis on financial need. Please note that scholarships are not available for the One-Week Commuter Intensives.
To apply for a scholarship, students must carefully adhere to listed guidelines. Requirements for all programs are listed below. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be reviewed. Students are encouraged to submit materials as soon as possible. The Scholarship Application deadline is April 15, 2013.
- A completed scholarship application form.
- A completed program application form with $50 application fee, including the personal essay and all application materials.
- A photocopy of your family's most recent Federal Income Tax Return.
- A statement of need or special circumstances explaining why you are in need of financial assistance. Please be as specific as possible and include any details about financial hardship.
- A copy of your high-school transcripts (please note that students who receive a grade of “C” or below in more than two classes listed on their transcript will not be considered for a scholarship).