Media Resource Specialist
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
FULL TIME CALENDAR YEAR
TITLE: Media Resource Specialist
DEPARTMENT: OTIS/Media Resources
Position Description: Under the supervision of the Media Resource Manager, the Media Resource Specialist is responsible for the Media Resource equipment rooms, including all satellite technology and equipment pertaining to Film, Photography, and Audio, as well as providing lending services and support for the University of the Arts’ students, faculty and staff.
- Responsible for Media Resource Center reservations through Web Checkout system. Reserve equipment and media resources for faculty, staff and students throughout the University community following standard procedures.
- Assess equipment repairs, assigning repairs to staff accordingly.
- Train student workers and manage their daily workflow.
- Trend spot industry developments and provide recommendations on new equipment acquisitions.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures pertaining to equipment and lending.
- Create digital tutorial and informational documentation on all equipment, technology, and procedures.
Photography Specialist Responsibilities:
- Maintain photography equipment inventories, supplies, and functionality. This includes the repair, maintenance and installation of darkrooms and color processing equipment. Assist in repair and maintenance for Digital Photography Labs and digital printing equipment.
- Maintain expertise in equipment specific to production and post-production software for Photography. Maintain a working knowledge of Film, Audio and Physical Computing software.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in relevant studies, such as Communications, Film or Photography, or three to five years of professional experience.
The candidate must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills. They must also be competent with Apple operating systems, and they must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office. The Photography Specialist should also have an expertise in the Adobe Suite.
Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Personnel Services Department, The University of the Arts, 320 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer