University Closed 10/29 and 10/30; All Classes Cancelled
October 28, 2012
In anticipation of Hurricane Sandy's impact on the region, the University of the Arts will be closed on Monday, October 29 and Tuesday, October 30 and all classes on those days will be cancelled (including Continuing Education). All administrative offices will be closed.
Residential students may wish to consider returning home if that is convenient; however, it is not required. Dining Services will be continue to be available. Essential University employees are required to report.
Some important tips to remember:
- Flash flooding may occur in poor drainage areas. Avoid driving if possible and never attempt to drive through a flooded area.
- Power outages may occur – keep mobile phones and devices charged.
- Your basic emergency supply kit should contain: Flashlight and extra batteries (do not use candles or flammable items in any UArts buildings) and a battery-powered or hand crank radio.
- High winds are expected. Secure bicycles and any loose items outside.
- Stay away from any downed or exposed wires and report their location to Public Safety or 911 immediately.
- Save Public Safety's number in mobile phone: (215) 717-6666
- Be prepared to evacuate if necessary.