Love the planet and create a safe environment by recycling, reducing your waste and conserving energy. Learn the ins and outs of living in an urban environment.
Environmental well-being includes:
- Realizing the effects of your daily habits on the world around them
- Taking action to protect the world around you
- Protecting yourself from environmental hazards
- Minimizing the negative impact of your behavior on the environment
- Being aware of the earth's natural resources and their respective limits
- Living a life accountable to environmental needs; both in the present and in the long-term
- Keeping the company of healthy people
- Enjoying available recreational opportunities
- Engaging in environmentally responsible activities
- Maximizing personal harmony with the earth, while minimizing harm to it
Are you engaged in the process of Environmental Wellness?
- Do I recycle and work to reduce my waste?
- Do I make an attempt daily to conserve energy?
- If I see a safety hazard, do I take the steps to fix the problem and/or inform someone of the problem?
- Do I volunteer time to worthy causes?
- Am I aware of my surroundings at all times?
If you answered "no" to any of the questions, it may indicate an area where you need to improve the state of your environmental wellness.