ESL Institute (ESLI)
Intensive English classes in Philadelphia for artists, designers and performing artists
3 UArts College Credits awarded to all ESLI undergraduate students who complete ESLI!
Participating in the ESL Institute is an excellent way for students interested in the arts or seeking degrees in visual and performing arts to increase their English proficiency through an engaging arts-based ESL curriculum.
The ESL Institute curriculum includes:
- Small classes and personal attention
- Creative and experienced instructors
- Studio art, design, and music lessons
- Classroom practice in oral communication strategies for art, design, and performance studies
- College-level reading and writing assignments focusing on art, design, and performance
- Field trips, social activities and participation in Univesity of the Arts programs and events
2012-13 ESL Institute Program Dates:
Spring Session 2013 (15 weeks): January 14 - May 10, 2013
Mid-Spring Session 2013 (8 weeks): March 18 - May 10, 2013
Summer Sesson 2013 (8 weeks): June 24 - August 16, 2013
Fall Session 2013 (15 weeks): August 26 - December 20, 2013
Participating in ESLI is an excellent way for ESL students to increase their English proficiency while beginning their lives as artists, designers and performers.
We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the ESL Institute — please contact us!