ESL Institute (ESLI)
Intensive English classes in Philadelphia for artists, designers and performing artists
3 UArts College Credits awarded to all ESLI undergraduate students who complete ESLI!
Participating in the ESL Institute is an excellent way for students interested in the arts or seeking degrees in visual and performing arts to increase their English proficiency through an engaging arts-based ESL curriculum.
The ESL Institute curriculum includes:
- Small classes and personal attention
- Creative and experienced instructors
- Studio art, design, and music lessons
- Classroom practice in oral communication strategies for art, design, and performance studies
- College-level reading and writing assignments focusing on art, design, and performance
- Field trips, social activities and participation in Univesity of the Arts programs and events
2014-2015 ESL Institute Program Dates:
Fall Session (15 weeks): August 18 - December 12, 2014
Mid-Fall Session (8 weeks): October 20 - December 12, 2014
Spring Session (15 weeks): January 20 - May 11, 2015
Mid Spring Session (8 weeks): March 16 - May 11, 2015
Summer Session (8 weeks): June 22 - August 14, 2015
Participating in ESLI is an excellent way for ESL students to increase their English proficiency while beginning their lives as artists, designers and performers.
We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the ESL Institute — please contact us!