A self-described catalyst, Jason Lempieri investigates subversion, history and collective memory in his work. He designs from the perspective that form follows meaning. He is the founder of RethinkTANK llc, a multi-disciplinary design and research studio that takes a macro approach to “post-industrial” design issues. Using a form of participatory design, we work closely with each client to create collaboratively. Thus, a strong sense of ownership of the design is shared with the both the firm and the client. Both architectural and industrial design methods inform these processes developing a unique insight and vision for each project. These processes are applied to archtitectural, product design and graphic design services.
Lempieri holds a B. Arch. from Pratt Institute and an MID from the University of the Arts. He was selected as a finalist in Metropolis Magazine’s Next Generation Competition for his graduate thesis, Urban Reincarnation. An avid urbanist, he proposed the activation of a neglected urban structure for memorializing and storing the ashes of loved ones. While a student at Pratt, he also studied in Copenhagen, Denmark; Athens, Greece; and Nicosia, Cyprus.
- University of the Arts Philadelphia, College of Art & Design
MID, May 2004 Master of Industrial Design Thesis: Urban Reincarnation J.Hunt Dir.
- Pratt Institute Brooklyn, New York School of Architecture
B.ARCH, September 1994 Minor: Art History
- University of Copenhagen, Denmark, DIS, Dept. of Arch. Summer 1994
- National Technical University Athens, Greece, Dept. of Arch.
- Intern at A. Ionnidaes Arch. Nicosia, Cyprus Summer 1993
- Harvard Design School: PDS: Investigating Product Design w/ S. Diskin, July 2002
Class Schedule, Spring 2015
|W||08:30AM - 11:20AM||History of Indus Design|
|F||10:00AM - 12:50PM||Contemporary Issues in Design|